Terms and Conditions of Chester Lakes Limited
These booking terms and conditions are important and should be read carefully by all guests of Chester Lakes Limited before agreeing to book with us. The terms and conditions govern the legal relationship between Chester Lakes Limited (company registered number 12938115), trading as Chester Lakes and which runs the site, and you, “the customer”.
Please read all of the conditions and contact email@example.com if anything requires further explanation. At the time of booking, it is assumed that the customer has read and deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
All bookings are made subject to, and strictly upon, these booking conditions.
Chester Lakes reserve the right to decline a booking, and also reserve the right to refuse access to site to any person or persons, without explanation or compensation. The booking constitutes an offer by the customer to pay for camping, caravans, BBQ Pods, or fishing, in accordance with these booking conditions.
All bookings are provisional until the booking has been accepted by Chester Lakes issuing written acceptance of the booking (following the checking of specific availability) to the customer and upon the customer receiving acknowledgment from Chester Lakes of the payment. Only at this point shall the booking come into existence and form a legally binding contract.
The customer must check the confirmation of the booking carefully once received and contact firstname.lastname@example.org immediately if there are any discrepancies.
The contact details of the lead guest in all bookings must be kept up to date for emergency services and insurance purposes.
If making a group booking, the lead name or party leader must make sure these terms and conditions are read and understood by all guests in the group.
In extreme weather conditions Chester Lakes management reserve the right to take any necessary measures to the accommodation to ensure the highest standard of health and safety is adhered to this could include cancellation of a booking with immediate effect.
Charges and payments
The total cost of the booking shall be paid at the time of placing the booking.
There is no surcharge when paying by PayPal, credit card, debit card or bank transfer.
Some bookings may be subject to price change (especially if booked far in advance of the check in date) and the customer will be notified of any anticipated price changes at the time of booking. If the customer is unhappy with the price change, Chester Lakes will refund the payment made.
The customer shall pay all amounts due under these booking conditions in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and the customer shall not be entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against Chester Lakes in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
If the balance due on a booking is not paid in full within 2 hours of placing the booking, Chester Lakes are entitled to cancel the booking without further notice, and without incurring any liability to the customer.
We reserve the right to charge a good behaviour deposit up to and including the day of arrival and this will be refunded in full after departure if all of our terms and conditions are adhered to.
On site contact details
Opening hours every day - 8am – 12pm and 1pm – 6pm – Telephone 01244 661745 or 07860 133133.
During closed hours – Telephone 07860 133133.
E-mail – email@example.com
On-site Warden – Telephone 07925 854248
General booking rules
1. Access – all guests must report to reception on arrival. Entry for caravan and camping guests is from 1pm on the day of arrival, and for BBQ Pod guests from 2pm on the day of arrival (unless an earlier arrival time has been agreed in advance in writing with Chester Lakes management). If you expect to arrive after 6pm, please contact reception or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to advise on your expected arrival time.
All guests must vacate by 10.30am on the on the day of departure (unless agreed otherwise in writing with Chester Lakes management). A supplement may be charged for agreed early access or late departure. Please adhere to these arrival and departure times to enable the pitches to be prepared for the next guests.
For security reasons the gates by the main entrance are closed at 11.30pm and are re-opened at 6.30am. If you are expecting to arrive at Chester Lakes, or depart from Chester Lakes, when the gates are likely to be closed, please contact a member of the Chester Lakes team who can assist and accommodate your arrival or departure accordingly. If you are expecting to arrive on site late, or leave early, we request that guests drive with greater courtesy and avoid the slamming of car doors, high volume music, and loud conversations, so as not to disturb other guests onsite.
2. BBQs – we do allow BBQs on site, including disposable BBQs, but care should be exercised in their use. Disposable BBQs should be mounted on blocks or stands when in use – we do not allow disposable BBQs to be used when located on the ground. BBQs must be operated by adults only and any disposal BBQs must be disposed of when completely cold into designated bins on site.
3. BBQ Pods –
(i) Only use Lump wood charcoal on the BBQ to minimise dust and fumes. Do not put all your charcoal on the BBQ at once as it will get very hot and uncomfortable – start with small amounts and increase as required.
(ii) To avoid the alarm going off, the doors and windows must remain closed so that the fumes are extracted through the BBQ chimney.
(iii) Do not put hot BBQs on the picnic table supplied outside your door.
(iv) Please clean up all litter in and around the Pod before departure.
(v) Please adhere to the general rules regarding the playing of loud music and consider other campers within the immediate area of your BBQ Pod.
(vi) All Pods must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure unless a later departure time has been agreed in advance with Chester Lakes management.
4. CCTV – Chester Lakes operates a 24-hour CCTV system for the safety of guests and staff. The system captures all registration numbers of vehicles entering and exiting the site.
5. Charging of electric vehicles – guests are not permitted to charge electric vehicle using the electricity supply on site.
6. Cleanliness – pitches should be ready for guest arrival in a clean state but please notify reception immediately on arrival if this is not the case and there is a problem with cleanliness or the general condition of the pitch. Any issues will be attended to as soon as staff are able. Upon departure, the pitches should be left in a clean, fit, and proper state and all household waste must be placed in the recycling bins located around the site. If you are unsure of the location of the bins, please ask a member of the Chester Lakes team or ask at reception.
7. Complaints – any guests who have a complaint or concern whilst on site are asked to discuss with one of the Chester Lakes team or reception staff who will try to rectify the issues where possible. We will not generally consider guest complaints after departure from site.
8. COVID-19 – Chester Lakes follows best practice in respect of COVID-19 specific health and safety protocols which are updated regularly. Specific details regarding social distancing and occupancy of all areas and buildings on site are displayed around the site and all guests are requested to read and adhere to the requests accordingly at all times. Please note that official Covid-19 guidance may change during a guest stay at Chester Lakes and we reserve the right to close the site with no prior notice should the need arise. Guests should NOT travel to site in any circumstances if any member of the guest party has COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19 and has not completed their full isolation period as per current government guidelines.
9. Cycling – guests are permitted to cycle through the site on non-motorised bicycles but must be ridden in a safe and controlled manner. We recommend that all guests wear a suitable helmet whilst cycling on site. Guests will be asked to stop cycling if their riding is deemed to be dangerous to other guests on site. Off road/trial bikes are not allowed on site.
10. Dangerous and/or illegal items – customers and guests may not bring any such items to Chester Lakes. Any guest found in possession of such items will be asked to leave site immediately without refund.
11. Disabled access – specific fishing pegs are available with disabled access, and there are also showers and cleaning facilities with disabled access on site. Please ask at reception for their specific locations or ask when placing a booking.
12. Distance between pitches –
(i) Caravans - please note that to comply with fire regulations, caravans should be pitched at least 6 metres apart. An awning can be erected in that space but there should be a minimum gap of 3 metres from the awning to the next caravan and a vehicle cannot be parked in that space.
(ii) Camping - tents should be pitched a minimum of 3 metres apart and a vehicle cannot be parked in that gap (although we do allow vehicle parking at the ends of tents).
13. Dogs - For overnight stays at Chester Lakes, dogs are only allowed in caravans and motorhomes. Dogs are not allowed in tents, fishing bivvies or BBQ Pods. Any guest found to breaching this booking condition will be asked to arrange for the dog to be taken off site immediately. If the dog cannot be collected, the guest will be asked to leave site immediately without refund.
Dogs on site at Chester Lakes must be kept on a lead, and under control at all times. Dog mess must be cleaned up immediately and disposed of correctly on site. No minors are allowed to walk dogs.
For any visitors to Chester Lakes who are walking their dogs, please be aware that we have natural wildlife onsite and that it is extremely important that all dogs are kept on leads at all times, and do not disturb the wildlife. Dogs are not permitted to enter any shower block or toilet facility and must not be allowed to enter the water in any of the lakes.
Assistance dogs are allowed in all areas of the site – however we request that all guests who are accompanied by an assistance dog report to reception on arrival so that staff can be made aware.
14. Electric supplies – the on-site electricity supply to all pitches is limited to 16 amps and normal household appliances can trip the supply. We therefore request that only low wattage camping equipment is used by guests while on site and that domestic electrical appliances are not used, Chester Lakes will use its best endeavours to maintain the supply of electricity to all electric pitches but will not be held responsible for any loss or inconvenience due to a loss of electricity supply caused by matters beyond our immediate control.
Caravan guests should not use electric heaters in their awnings.
All caravan guests should ensure they have an in-date functioning fire extinguisher in their caravan.
All guests should ensure that they do not use faulty appliances with the electric hook-ups as the trips on a caravan park are more sensitive than in a domestic property.
There is a limited supply of electric cables for hire from reception. Prior booking of the cables is recommended and will be supplied on a first come, first served basis.
15. Fires - open fires, Chinese lanterns and fireworks of any type are not allowed at Chester Lakes. Any guests found to be using any of the above will be asked to leave site immediately.
16. Fishing – any guests who are using the lakes for fishing should familiarise themselves with the general surroundings including the location of emergency aids, should any guest get into difficulty by falling into the water. Any minors (under 18) within the vicinity of the lakes must be fully supervised at all times and all domestic pets kept on leads. Failure to adhere to this booking condition may lead to the guests being asked to leave site.
Please note that boating, diving, or swimming in any of the lakes is not allowed in any circumstances and again, failure to adhere to this booking condition may lead to the guests being asked to leave site.
No children under 18 years of age are permitted to fish at Chester Lakes without adult supervision during day fishing sessions on the pleasure lakes. To fish during an overnight session on the pleasure lakes, guests must be a minimum of 18 years old or accompanied throughout the session by an adult.
Dodleston Lake, also known as Specimen Lake - no angler under 18 years old can fish this lake, even if accompanied by someone over 18 years of age.
Please be respectful of other anglers and your surroundings.
All fish being photographed must always be held over an unhooking mat. Photographs should be taken kneeling down for the safety of the fish. Under no circumstances should the angler be standing up as this puts the fish in danger.
All anglers and guests of anglers must register at Reception. Please refer to the opening hours of Reception. All anglers must pay before commencing fishing on site if not already prebooked.
Day tickets cover the period from dawn to dusk (8.00am – 7.30pm). An overnight fishing session is from 8.00am to 07:30am the following day.
All anglers must have a valid rod licence.
A maximum of two rods is permitted per angler on all lakes and anglers must only fish from their designated peg. Tents are not allowed on fishing pegs, but we do allow fishing bivvies on pegs, with capacity up to a 2-man bivvie only.
All fish must be returned to the water alive.
All fish should be handled with care and returned to the water as quickly as possible. Landing nets and un-hooking mats are mandatory. All anglers must use their own equipment and not share with other anglers. Specimen sized un-hooking mats or cradles are to be used on Dodleston and Gorstella Lakes, in addition to a carp micromesh landing net.
Please bait in moderation. Particle bait must be inspected by either the Site General Manager or the on-site Warden. Please note we do not allow bread, sea food or any floating bait to be used. On the specimen lakes, we do not allow float or surface fishing.
All left over bait must be taken away on your departure. Any leftover maggots should be discarded into the water. Please do not place bait in any site bins.
All landing nets must be dipped before fishing. Keep nets must only be used during organised matches, or as agreed by the site manager.
All rigs must be semi-fixed or running. Strictly no braided main lines.
When fishing on our Leisure Lakes (Eccleston, Alford, Pulford & Woodland pools) you must only use barbless hooks up to a maximum size 6 hook.
When fishing the Dodleston and Gorstella Lakes, a 10lb line minimum is required. Carp rods must be used and must be test curved to at least 2.5lbs. Micromesh carp net and specimen unhooking mats or cradles must be used.
Barbless hooks only and a maximum size 6 hook.
BBQ’s may be used on hard standing only. No fire pits are allowed on any fishing peg.
17. General behaviour – the customer and their guests must behave in a proper and decent manner whilst at Chester Lakes, refrain from loud, aggressive and/or abusive behaviour and not commit any dangerous, senseless, improper, immoral, or indecent act whilst at the site. The customer and their guests also agree not to cause nuisance or annoyance to other guests on site. We request that guests keep noise from mobile phones, radios, sound systems or televisions to an absolute minimum between the hours of 10.00pm and 7.00am. We make every effort to manage noise levels on site but if you experience a significant disturbance of which we are unaware please contact reception or a member of the Chester Lakes management team.
If in the opinion of Chester Lakes, a customer or guest is deemed not to be suitable to continue their stay at the site because of a failure to adhere to this general behaviour booking condition, the customer and/or guest(s) may be asked to vacate the site. In the event of such action, the customer will remain liable for the whole cost of the booking and no refund shall be due.
Abuse of any Chester Lakes staff will not be tolerated and any guests who do not adhere to this booking condition will be asked to leave site immediately with no refund being due.
All guests must ensure that children behave when on site, and whilst we are always pleased to see children enjoying themselves, they must not be left unsupervised in any of the on-site toilets or washing blocks. There are deep waters around the site and so we request that all children are kept away from the water’s edge. Children must be accompanied to and from the toilet and shower facilities. Any children found on site unsupervised or causing damage to site equipment or buildings will be returned to their responsible adult and issued with a warning. If the warning is ignored and the children are found to be in breach of this booking condition for a second time, all of the guests in the associated booking will be asked to leave site immediately without refund.
18. Holiday/cancellation insurance – we do not offer cancellation insurance and recommend that all guests take out their own holiday cancellation insurance to cover any unexpected cancellations or early terminations to any booking at Chester Lakes.
19. Lost or damaged property – Chester Lakes do not accept any responsibility for damage or loss to any equipment, items or property belonging to a guest whilst at or left at the site. It is the responsibility of the guest to check that you have packed all your personal belongings before you depart from site.
20. On Site facilities - the onsite toilets, showers and washing facilities onsite are regularly cleaned and maintained every day, and we request that all guests leave the facilities as they would expect to find them. If an issue with the facilities is discovered by a guest during their stay, please contact a member of the Chester Lakes team and the matter will be dealt with as soon as possible. Clear warning signs are used while facilities cleaning is in progress but the toilets etc can still be used if needed, please communicate with cleaning staff who can advise to prevent any slips, trips & falls from occurring.
Guest operated generators are not permitted on site. Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is also not permitted – this includes but is not limited to tying ropes to or driving nails into trees.
No washing lines are permitted to be put up on site.
Play area – children must be supervised at all times in the play area on site. Ball games, riding of scooters and riding of bicycles in not allowed in the play area.
Bar area – children must be supervised at all times in the bar and inappropriate behaviour including swearing and abuse of staff will not be tolerated and any guests who do not comply with this booking condition will be asked to leave site immediately without refund.
In the event of a fire, a siren will sound, and all guests should proceed immediately to the nearest fire assembly point.
21. Smoking – smoking is not permitted in any of the site buildings. Campers are advised not to smoke in tents or awnings. Smokers must dispose of cigarette butts appropriately.
22. Torches – all campers are requested to bring a handheld or head torch for each guest in their booking party.
23. Vehicles on site – when entering site, guests should park on the left-hand side of the road in front of reception before checking in. We do allow small commercial vehicles, but we ask that guests contact reception before arrival to discuss parking arrangements on site. All vehicles should be insured and driven responsibly by a person holding a current full UK driving license at a speed no higher than the onsite limit of 5mph. Please be aware that the road traffic acts still apply on the park roads and the police have the right to enter the site if they suspect a guest is drinking and driving. No recreational vehicles such as, but not limited to, motorised/electric scooters or quad bikes are allowed on site. Only one vehicle per pitch is permitted. Chester Lakes accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused to any vehicle while on site, howsoever caused.
24. Wi-Fi/internet and mobile phone reception – Chester Lakes accept no responsibility for the mobile phone and internet connectivity on site during guest stays. If internet access via Wi-fi is of paramount importance to you during your stay at Chester Lakes, guests must check connectivity details before their arrival as we cannot guarantee that broadband connection will not be interrupted during your stay.
Where on site Wi-Fi is used by guests. guests are responsible for the proper use of the internet and to ensure that no excessive downloading takes place, and that no illegal or offensive material is viewed or downloaded. Any guest found to be downloading or viewing illegal or offensive material will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Changes and Cancellation Policy
We reserve the right to add or amend terms & conditions, and prices from time to time if considered necessary.
Changes by the guest - written notice, either via letter or email, in advance of the arrival date will be required from any guest one wishing to cancel their booking. If the cancellation request is made more than 14 days before the start date of the booking, the booking may be re-arranged to another available date within the season. No refund is offered on cancellations made 14 days or less before the arrival date. Customers are advised to have holiday cancellation insurance cover in place for their booking in the event of unexpected cancellation. We regret the weather conditions are beyond our control and we will not refund any monies if you cancel your booking or reduce your stay due to the weather.
Changes by Chester Lakes – Chester Lakes may make any reasonable changes to the Booking that it deems are necessary and/or that are beyond its control and/or required to by law, which includes but is not limited to, changes in the standard rate of VAT.
Cancellation by Chester Lakes – in the unlikely event that Chester Lakes has to cancel the booking due to a reason beyond our control, we will use reasonable endeavours to find the guest a suitable alternative booking at no additional cost or offer the customer a refund, save in the event of force majeure when Chester Lakes shall be under no obligation to offer a suitable alternative booking to the guest.
Customer's Obligations and Responsibilities
The guest who makes the booking must be 18 years of age or older and shall assume responsibility for all guests staying with them at the site during their booking and for any visitors who may attend during the stay. It is the customer’s responsibility for and on behalf of its guests to:
a) Ensure that the terms of the booking are complete and accurate
b) Co-operate with Chester Lakes in all matters relating to the booking
c) Provide Chester Lakes with such information as requested from time to time as soon as reasonably practicable following such request
d) Notify Chester Lakes immediately of any proposed changes to the booking or a proposed cancellation
e) Ensure the absolute compliance with these booking conditions, in particular relating to the general behaviour rules; and
f) Ensure their guests and/or invitees have read, understood and abide by these booking conditions
If the performance of Chester Lakes of any of its obligations under the booking is prevented or delayed by any act or omission by the customer or failure by the customer to perform any relevant obligation (customer default), Chester Lakes shall, without limiting its other rights or remedies, have the right to suspend the booking until the customer remedies the customer default, and to rely on the customer default to relieve it from the performance of any of its obligations to the extent the customer default prevents or delays Chester Lakes’ performance of any of its obligations;
Chester Lakes shall not be liable for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by the customer arising directly or indirectly from Chester Lakes’ failure or delay to perform any of its obligations and the customer shall reimburse Chester Lakes following written demand for any costs or losses sustained or incurred by Chester Lakes arising directly or indirectly from the customer default.
Accuracy of promotional material
Any information or description of the services or surrounding facilities is provided in good faith and is for guidance only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, Chester Lakes accept no responsibility for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, mis-description, or incorrect information.
Limitation of liability
THE CUSTOMER'S ATTENTION IS PARTICULARLY DRAWN TO THIS CLAUSE
Nothing in these booking conditions shall limit or exclude Chester Lakes’ liability for:
a) Death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors
b) Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation
Chester Lakes shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to the customer, whether in booking, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, loss of enjoyment, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with the booking; and
Chester Lakes’ total liability to the customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the booking, whether in booking, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the rental fee in respect of the particular booking.
In addition, Chester Lakes accepts no responsibility for the acts or failure of
a) Public utilities – e.g. in respect of water, gas and/or electricity;
b) The internet or WIFI supply; and
c) Third parties – e.g. in respect of noisy neighbours.
If the customer wishes to make (and/or attempts to make) a legal claim of any kind in respect of their booking, then they must send full details and particulars of the claim to Chester Lakes within 21 days of vacating the site otherwise their right to bring and pursue such claim shall be lost irrevocably.
These booking conditions apply to the booking to the exclusion of any other terms that the Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
All bookings and prices specified or advertised from time to time are dependent on the services being available at the time of making the booking and may change without notice before this time.
Entire Agreement - these booking conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties. The customer acknowledges that he or she has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of Chester Lakes which is not set out in the booking.
Force Majeure - for the purposes of this booking, a force majeure event means an event beyond the reasonable control of Chester Lakes including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving the workforce of Chester Lakes or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental body, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors. Chester Lakes shall not be liable to the customer as a result of any delay or failure to perform its obligations under a booking as a result of a force majeure event.
Any notice or other communication required to be given to a party under or in connection with this booking shall be in writing and shall be delivered to the other party personally or sent by prepaid first-class post, recorded delivery or by commercial courier, at its registered office.
Any notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been duly received if delivered personally, when left at the address referred to above or, if sent by pre-paid first-class post or recorded delivery, at 9.00 am on the second business day after posting, or if delivered by commercial courier, on the date and at the time that the courier's delivery receipt is signed.
This clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action. For the purposes of this clause, "writing" can include e-mails and for the avoidance of doubt notice given under this booking can be validly served if sent by e-mail.
Waiver: A waiver of any right under the booking conditions is only effective if it is in writing and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right or remedy under the booking or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor preclude or restrict its further exercise. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
Severance: If a court or any other competent authority finds that any provision of the booking (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of the booking shall not be affected.
If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of the booking would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
Third parties: A person who is not a party to the booking shall not have any rights under or in connection with it.
Variation: Except as set out in these booking conditions, any variation, including the introduction of any additional terms and conditions, to the booking, shall only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by Chester Lakes.
Governing law and jurisdiction: Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the booking or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
In these booking conditions, the following definitions apply:
Booking: the reservation by the guest in relation to a particular service provided by Chester Lakes
Booking conditions: these terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Chargeable extras: any chargeable extras specified by Chester Lakes.
Customer: the person or company who purchases services from Chester Lakes.
Chester Lakes: the trading name of Chester Lakes Limited. The company number is 12938115 and the VAT registration number of the company is 373 0812 09. The registered office is located at Bretton House, Park Lane, Pulford, Chester, CH4 9EP.