Chester Lakes Terms and Conditions
As a valued customer of Chester Lakes, we ask that you follow the usual customs of good camping, fishing and caravanning, however we reserve the right to ask you to leave at any point of your stay if the behaviour of any member of your party is unacceptable to us and no refund of monies will be paid.
Our booking fees DO NOT include holiday insurance. We recommend that you take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance to cover you if you must cancel or terminate your holiday unexpectedly.
Reception (during opening hours, see Arrival and Departure)– telephone 01244 661745 or 07860 133133.
Reception (during closed hours, see Arrival and Departure)– telephone 07860 133133
On-site Warden – 07925 854248
General Terms & Conditions
1. The guest who makes the booking will be classed as the Lead Guest and will be responsible for the booking. The Lead Guest making the booking must be over 18 years of age and ensure that the guest numbers, as stated during the initial booking, are adhered to. Any changes must be arranged with the Site Manager on the booking form.
2. Chester Lakes will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage to any property. This includes, but is not limited to, motor vehicles, caravan and camping equipment, fishing equipment and personal effects, regardless of how the injury, loss or damage is caused or sustained.
3. Please be aware that NO REFUNDS will be given for cancellations unless agreed with the Site General Manager or Reception and under exceptional circumstances. Chester Lakes can reschedule a date within three months of original booking, subject to availability.
4. If there is a problem or dissatisfaction with any matters within the control of Chester Lakes during your stay, then please notify the Site General Manager or Reception immediately. Once you have departed, Chester Lakes cannot accept liability in relation to any issue if you have failed to notify us at the time of the issue.
5. Dogs are allowed for overnight stays in caravans and motorhomes ONLY. Dogs must always be kept under control and all dog fouling must be dealt with, to avoid any additional charges to your booking.
6. All litter must be taken away including cigarette ends.
7. Strictly NO swimming or boating is allowed at Chester Lakes. Anyone found to be attempting to swim in any of Chester Lakes will be asked to leave. Re-entry to Chester Lakes will NOT be re considered.
Caravan, Motorhome and Camping Term & Conditions
Arrival and Departure
1. ALL guests/visitors for fishing, camping, caravanning and/or have booked one of the BBQ pods must book in at reception on arrival.
Reception is open from 08.00am – 12.00pm and 13.00pm – 18.00pm. Should you arrive or need reception during this time then please call 07860 133133 to take instructions.
2. If you are to arrive after 18.00pm you must arrange with the Site General Manager or by email email@example.com.
3. Normal check-in time is from 14.00pm. An earlier check-in may be available but must be arranged prior to your arrival with either the Site Manager or with Chester Lakes reception.
4. On the day of your departure, please vacate your pitch by 11.00am, taking care to remove all belongings and rubbish.
During Your Stay
1. Please be considerate other campers and keep noise to a minimum. Any disturbances or complaints from other campers may result in your party having to leave the site immediately with no eligibility to a refund.
2. Please ensure that children (Aged 16 and under) in your party are always fully supervised in all areas of the Chester Lakes site. There are very deep waters around the site. Please keep children away from the water’s edge.
3. The speed limit is 5mph. Please drive SLOWLY. This includes, but is not limited to, bicycles and any other wheeled conveyances. Drivers must hold a valid UK driving licence, have the correct insurance and a valid tax and MOT certificate. No recreational vehicles such as, but not limited to, motorised scooters or quad bikes are allowed.
4. Open fires and ground level barbecues are not permitted at Chester Lakes due to health and safety regulations.
5. The use of generators, brought by guests, are not permitted on site due to health and safety regulations.
6. Cutting or damaging trees and other vegetation is strictly prohibited. The natural conditions are not to be disturbed. This includes, but not limited to, tying ropes to or driving nails into trees.
7. Electric: Low wattage camping equipment only to be used, e.g. 800w kettles. Domestic kettles and heaters are not permitted.
8. Chester Lakes has a limited amount of electric cables for hire, prior booking with the Site General Manager or Reception is advised. These will be supplied on a first come first served basis.
Fishing Terms & Conditions
No children under 16 years old can fish at Chester Lakes without adult supervision.
Dodleston Lake, also known as Specimen Lake. - No angler under 18 years old can fish this lake, even if accompanied by someone over 18 year of age.
Please be respectful of other anglers and your surroundings.
All fish being photographed must always be held over an unhooking mat. Photographs should be taken kneeling down for the safety of the fish. Under no circumstances should the angler be standing up as this puts the fish in danger.
1. All anglers and guests of anglers must register at Reception. Please refer to the opening hours of Reception. All anglers must pay before fishing if not already done so.
2. Day tickets are from dawn to dusk (8am-8pm). A 24-hour fishing session is from 08.00am to 07:30am the following day.
3. A maximum of two rods is permitted per angler.
4. All fish must be returned to the water alive.
5. All fish to be handled with care and returned as quickly as possible. Anglers fishing for carp must have an unhooking mat.
6. Please bait in moderation. Particle bait must be inspected by either the Site General Manager or the on-site Warden.
7. All left over bait must be taken away on your departure. Any leftover maggots should be discarded into the water. Please do not place bait in any site bins.
8. All landing nets must be dipped before fishing. Keep nets must only be used during organised matches.
9. All rigs must be semi-fixed or running. Strictly no braided main lines.
10. When fishing on our Leisure lakes (Eccleston, Alford, Pulford & Woodland pools) you must only use barbless hooks up to a maximum size 6 hook.
11. When fishing the Dodleston and Gorstella lakes, a 10lb line minimum is required along with a maximum size 6 hook.
12. Barbless hooks only.
13. BBQ’s may be used on hard standing only.